The policy describes how we gather, store, utilise, and protect data that can be associated with you or another natural or juristic person, and can be used to identify you or that person. This information will be described in this document as “personal data”.
This policy applies to you if you are:
- a visitor to our website; or
- a customer who has ordered the goods or services that we provide.
Personal data includes:
- Information that we collect automatically when you visit our website.
- Information collected when you sign up for a popWeb package.
- Optional information that you provide to us voluntarily in order for us build your website.
Personal data excludes:
- Information that has been made anonymous so that it does not identify a specific person.
- Non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by us.
- Information that you have provided voluntarily in an open, public environment or forum including blogs, chat rooms, classifieds, or discussion boards. Once information has been disclosed in a public forum, it is no longer confidential and does not constitute personal data subject to protection under this policy.
TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA
Examples of the types of personal data which we may collect and process include:
- Identifying information – such as your name or identification / passport number.
- Contact information – such as your phone number or email address.
- Your physical and/or postal address
SENSITIVE PERSONAL DATA
Depending on the services that you require, we may also collect sensitive personal data such as your bank account details.
It is compulsory to accept the terms of this policy when you sign up for any popWeb package.
You may not sign up for any popWeb package if you are younger than 18 years old or do not have legal capacity to conclude legally binding contracts.
By accepting this policy, you are deemed to have read, understood, accepted, and agreed to be bound by all of its terms.
You may only send us your own personal data or the personal data of another data subject where you have their permission to do so.
We may change the terms of this policy at any time by updating this web page. We will notify you of any changes by sending you an email detailing the changes that we have made and indicating the date that they were last updated. If you do not agree with the changes, then you should notify us and stop using our services. If you continue to use the website or our services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted those updated terms.
Once you sign up for a popWeb package, you will no longer be anonymous to us. You will provide us with certain personal data. This personal data may include:
- your name and surname
- your email address
- your telephone number;
- your company name, company registration number, and VAT number
- your postal address and/or street address
This data will be used to create your account, provide additional services and information to you as we reasonably think appropriate, and for any other purposes set out in this policy.
COOKIES We may place small text files called ‘cookies’ on your device when you visit our website. These files do not contain personal data, but they do contain a personal identifier allowing us to associate your personal data with a certain device. These files serve a number of useful purposes for you, including:
- Tailoring our website’s functionality to you personally by letting us remember your preferences.
- Improving how our website performs.
Your internet browser generally accepts cookies automatically, but you can often change this setting to stop accepting them. You can also delete cookies manually. However, no longer accepting cookies or deleting them will prevent you from accessing certain aspects of our website where cookies are necessary.
THIRD PARTY COOKIES
You may provide additional information to us on a voluntary basis. This includes content that you decide to upload or download from our website or when you enter competitions, take advantage of promotions, respond to surveys, order certain additional goods or services, or otherwise use the optional features and functionality of our website.
We may monitor and record any telephone calls that you make to us. This may include calls to mobile devices. We will delete the recording at your request, provided the recording does not affect an ongoing dispute.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION
We may use or process any services information, or optional information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal data, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal data. We generally collect and process your personal data for various purposes, including:
- Providing services to you.
- Business purposes: Internal audits, accounting, business planning, or other transactions.
- Legal purposes: Handling claims, complying with regulations, or pursuing good governance.
We may use your usage information for the purposes described above as well as:
- monitoring website usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages accessed, and
- tracking your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities in connection with your usage of the website.
We will obtain your consent to collect personal data:
- In accordance with applicable law
- When you provide us with any personal / company information or optional information.
NEW PRODUCTS OR SERVICES
When we decide to develop a new product or start a new service that involves the processing of personal data, we take the privacy and data protection laws and principles into account and try to build them into the product or activity.
We may use your personal data to fulfil our obligations to you.
Messages and updates:
We may send administrative messages and email updates to you about our service. In some cases, we may also send you primarily promotional messages. You can choose to opt-out of promotional messages.
We may share your personal data with:
- Our service providers under contract who provide hosting and other services, including fraud prevention, bill collection, marketing, technology services (our contracts dictate that these goods suppliers or service providers only use your information in connection with the goods they supply or services they perform for us and not for their own benefit).
- Credit bureaus to report account information, as permitted by law.
- Banking partners as required by credit card association rules for inclusion on their list of terminated merchants (in the event that you utilise the services to receive payments and you meet their criteria).
We may disclose your personal data as required by law or governmental audit.
We may disclose personal data if required:
- by a subpoena or court order;
- to comply with any law;
- to protect the safety of any individual or the general public; and
- to prevent violation of our terms of service.
SELLING OF YOUR DATA
We may need to disclose personal data to our employees who require this data to perform their duties. These include our responsible management, human resources, accounting, audit, compliance, information technology, or other personnel. Any of our employees or personnel that handle your personal data will have signed non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements.
CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP
If we undergo a change in ownership, or a merger with, acquisition by, or sale of assets to, another entity, we may assign our rights to the personal data we process to a successor, purchaser, or separate entity. We will disclose the transfer via email. If you are concerned about your personal data migrating to a new owner, you may request us to delete your personal data.
We cannot accept any liability whatsoever for unauthorised or unlawful disclosure of your personal data by third parties who are not subject to our control.
popWeb will always do our best to comply with applicable data protection laws. We will implement and maintain appropriate measures to protect the security and confidentiality of your personal data. We host on a secure server environment that uses a firewall and other advanced security measures to prevent interference or access from outside intruders. All personal data is securely stored in our customer database. We authorize access to personal data only for those employees who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities. We implement disaster recovery procedures where appropriate.
SUPERVISORY AUTHORITY IN THE EU
We currently do not supply services to any clients in the EU and have no representative in the EU.
UPDATING OF DATA
We will try to keep the personal data we collect as accurate, complete and up to date as is necessary for the purposes defined in this policy. From time to time we may request you to update your personal data. You are able to review or update any of your personal data that we hold, by emailing us. Please note that in order to better protect you and safeguard your personal data, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to your account or making any corrections to your personal data. Throughout your interaction with us you retain the right to rectify personal data that is incorrect or inaccurate.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the purposes explicitly set out in this policy, unless:
- retention of the record is required or authorised by law, OR
- you have consented to the retention of the record.
During the period of retention, we will continue to abide by our non-disclosure obligations and will not share or sell your personal data.
TRANSFER TO ANOTHER COUNTRY
We may transmit or transfer personal data outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country and process it in that country. Personal data may be stored on servers located outside the country in which it was collected. You consent to us processing your personal data in a foreign country whose laws regarding processing of personal data may be less stringent.
UPDATING OR REMOVING
You may choose to correct or update the personal data you have submitted to us by contacting us via email. You are entitled to a right to be forgotten. We will delete any personal data that you don’t want us to have.
RESTRICTION OF PROCESSING
You may request that we restrict the use of your personal data. When we restrict your personal data, we still have the right to store it but not use it.
If you want to transfer your data from us to another data controller we will facilitate this transfer. We will pass on the relevant personal data to the data controller. This excludes sensitive data such as banking details, debit order mandates and data specific to your popWeb account.
We will notify our customers of any confirmed data breaches that has occurred. It is our customers’ responsibility to notify relevant supervisory authority and any affected data subjects of the data breach.
We are not responsible for, give no warranties, nor make any representations in respect of the privacy policies or practices of linked or any third-party websites.